The 10 Elements of a Soul Mate dr.g 2016
1. There is something inside of us that we feel about the person. Describing how a soul mate makes you feel is difficult. It’s a tenacious, profound and lingering emotion which no words can encompass but that you feel in time.
2. If your partner is your soul mate, you often feel like they have been part of your life forever even if you only recently met them. There might even be moments where it feels like this had already taken place in a ‘past’ life. You both notice the same things, your heads turn at same time, you both want the temperature up, or down, at the same moment.
3. You just get each other. Like when you can finish each others sentences? Some people call that spending too much time together, but it is a soul mate connection. You might experience this with your best friend or your mother, but it is the telltale sign of a soul mate when you experience it with your partner. You don’t have to secede to the other, but you understand each others thinking.
4. You fall in love with his (or her) flaws. No relationship is perfect, and even soul mate relationships will experience ups and downs. Still, that bond will be much harder to break. Soul mates have an easier time of accepting, even learning to love, each others imperfections and not making the flaws a wedge between you, but rather a ‘bond of sympathy’ for learning to live with those flaws.
5. It’s an intense time. A soul mate relationship may be more intense than normal relationships, in both good and sometimes bad ways. The most important thing is that, even during negative episodes, you’re focused on resolving the problem and can see beyond the bad moment. You are not adversarial in your relationship. You may bicker but you don’t attack.
6. It’s You Two against the world. Soul mates often see their relationship as “us against the world” in a nice way, not a negative victim stance, but that ‘together we can see twice the beauty, or deal with twice the stress’. They feel so linked together that they’re ready and willing to take on any feat of life, so long as they have their soul mate by their side.
7. You’re mentally inseparable. Soul mates often have a mental connection similar to twins. They might pick up the phone to call each other at the exact same time. Though life may keep you apart at times, your minds will always be in tune if you are soul mates.
8. You feel secure and protected. Regardless of the gender of your partner, he or she should always make you feel secure and protected. Your soul mate will make you feel like you have a guardian angel by your side. A person who plays on your insecurities, whether consciously or subconsciously, is not your soul mate. A person you trust to have Power of Attorney for you, in case you are too sick to make decisions, i.e., you trust them with your life!
9. You can’t imagine your life without him (or her). A soul mate is not someone you can walk away from that easily. It is someone you can’t imagine being without, a person you believe is worth sticking with and fighting for.
10. You look each other in the eye. Soul mates have a tendency to look into each others eyes when speaking more often than ordinary couples. It comes naturally from the deep-seated connection between them. Looking a person in the eye when speaking denotes a high level of comfort and confidence… and love.
Jim Gordon, Ph.D, MFT Beverly Hills Counseling / 204 S. Beverly Dr, #116 Beverly Hills, CA 90212 310-271-3784 / BHCounseling@gmail.com